Monday, July 13, 2015

The Murderer's Daughter by Jonathan Kellerman

A Brief Summary:
A healer of the haunted is Dr. Grace Blades. A psychiatrist that specializes in working with people who have gone through traumatic experiences. With the perfect blend of knowledge and empathy, she can relate as few others can, for she has gone through her own share of traumatic experiences. Now when present and past collide in the most shocking and terrifying ways will Grace be able survive?

My Review: 
I really liked this book. It's filled with twists and turns keeping you in suspense the entire book. Personally, I absolutely loved Grace. She is brilliant but still feels relateable. I also enjoyed how you get to watch Grace grow up concurrently with the story, about every other chapter, it gives you a good feel of how Grace became the person she is.

The silent antagonist also had a traumatic beginning to his life but the choice he made were very different. It's an interesting dynamic, I'd love to know more about his young adult years but oh well.

The flashbacks to Grace's childhood are where we see most of the action occurring. In the present most of her battle is mental, planning and preparing with little real action.

This book was exceptionally well written, once you pick it up you're not going to want to put it down. I highly recommend it to anyone that enjoys psychological thrillers.

I received this book courtesy of NetGalley and Ballantine Books in exchange for my free and honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment