Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Children of the Comet by Daniel Moffitt

A Brief Summary: 
Billions of years after all life on Earth is eradicated and it's inhabitants scattered to the stars, life is thriving on the comets. Enter Torris a young man who's about to take his climb, the rite to become a man in his village. While on his climb he sets events in motion that he never could have foreseen.

My Review:
I really enjoyed the variety of characters in the book. From the comet dwelling natives to the space travelers all of them are diverse and really help carry the story along. Some of them are a little flat, but the majority are quite dynamic.

I will admit there were times that I got confused by what was going on. This is mainly due to the fact that time jumps in random increments, making it hard to know when exactly things are happening. Also until later in the book there are two distinct story lines that don't seem related. With that aside I truly enjoyed the story. The description of life on the comets was particularly fascinating.

A good, easy read with plenty of suspense, and a touch of action. I highly recommend this for fans of the science-fiction genre, and also for sci-fi newbies.  

I received this book compliments of NetGalley and Open Road Integrated Media in exchange for my free and honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment