Thursday, June 11, 2015

The Long Paw of The Law by Laurie Anne Marie

A Brief Summary:
The aftermath of a breakup is always hard to deal with, but when your boss is murdered and the police have the wrong man in custody your priority's have a tendency of switching. Ashley is just a cook, but when life turns on it's head she decides to step out of her comfort zone and solve the case. Will she be able to do it, read and find out.


My Review:
This book was adorable, just what you want from a cozy mystery. Ashley is a very likable protagonist, if a tad bit obsessed with her weight. Then again who trusts a skinny cook?

I really enjoyed how she worked with the police instead of going off and doing completely her own things, it makes it more realistic to me. She's still terrible at listening to direct orders from the detective getting her into all sorts of sticky situations.

As far as the characters when I loved Ashley's parents, doting and worrying over their only daughter. They added a lot of humor to the story. Also I really liked Ashley's friend Sean. I look forward to seeing that relationship develop in books to come.

All in all a sweet easy to read mystery. It sets up the world well enough that I'm inclined to want to read the next books in the series.

I received this book courtesy of the author in exchange for my free and honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment