Wednesday, May 6, 2015

A Whole New World by Liz Braswell

A Brief Summary:
We all know the story of Aladdin, but what if Jafar got the lamp first? Becoming the Sultan, ruler of Agrabah and the most powerful sorcerer in the world are just his first two wishes. It can't get any worse then that, or can it?



My Review: 
I absolutely love fairy-tale remakes, seeing new takes on an old story. This particular twist follows Disney's version of Aladdin, until the moment Jafar gets a hold of the lamp and with it Genie's powers. Meaning up to that point a good chunk of the dialogue is the same as in the movie. This may bug some of you, but for me it made sense given the premise of this new series.

One thing that surprised me was how dark the fate of some classic character was. While I prefer not to give spoilers I will say one or more characters don't make it to the end of the book.

My favorite addition to the classic story is Genie's back story. In the movie, Genie don't really get much of a history, A Whole New World gives him one, a very nice touch in my opinion.

This book is set to release on September 1st and it's definitely one to look out for.

I received this book courtesy of NetGalley in exchange for my free and honest review.


No comments:

Post a Comment