Friday, May 29, 2015

Omni by Andrea Murray

A Brief Summary:
In a caste system there are people who are loved and adored the artists, the healers, the intelligent ones, and then there are the ones that do the work that no one else wants to do, the drudges. In Omni, you only associate with people inside of your caste, or stratum as it's called. However when a drudge saves an extremely popular artist, things begin to change. Pierce, the drudge, is given a choice of his stratum instead of waiting for the test on his 18th birthday. However choices don't come without consequences, and whatever he chooses could destroy those he cares about.

My Review:
I loved, loved this book. The fact that is was based on the story of Paris and Helen of Troy. That there is an incredibly complex history, wonderfully crafted world, and complex characters. All of my big potential pet peeves were exceptionally well taken care of.

Pierce is my hands-down favorite characters. He's driven, he's a good guy, he's willing to defend someone he's never met, he's considerate, and he cares about his friend. I know I'm gushing, but he's so well written that I just can't help it. I also really enjoy his relationship with Harmony, it slow physically but goes deeper romantically, emotionally, quite quickly.

All in all it's a really good book and I can't wait to read the next one in the story.

Don't forget to check my last post to get in on a giveaway about Omni!

No comments:

Post a Comment