Friday, August 22, 2014

Jack Frost by JinHo Ko


This is the plot synopsis from Goodreads "Any high schooler on a nerve-wracking first day at a new school is apt to lose his or her head a little, but in Noh-A's case, she literally does! When she wakes up in one piece with a little help from a mysterious doctor, Noh-A quickly realizes that nothing is as it seems at Amityville High, where paranormal creatures battle for supremacy. Caught in the crossfire, Noh-A may have to rely on the unlikely (and possibly unreliable) aid of the most sinister student at Amityville...the deadly Jack Frost"



This book was very odd, I'm really not sure what to think of. It isn't my typical genre of manga, it's shonen and I typically prefer to read shojo. Nonetheless it wasn't bad per-say it just wasn't my cup of tea.


The art was incredible, the story blurb was promising, but still it fell short for me. Maybe it was that there was too much action and not enough story. Or that the characters seemed way too unreal. Who knows it's an okay book not one I'd recommend but not one that I truly regret reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment