Monday, November 18, 2013

Safely Home by Randy Alcorn

For those of us who live in the United States we take for granted things like religious freedom. Although it's not completely free of ridicule at least no one has to fear for their life to believe in something other than the normal. In Safely Home you follow a man who goes to visit his college roommate in China who he had spent countless hours pouring over the bible and growing closer in faith together. His roommate dreamed of being a professor but because of his faith his dream can never be a reality. Faith isn't a matter of choice there, it's life or death. To him believing in God is more important then his own life.

This book touched me it's rare that a book can truly open my eyes to things I haven't seen before, considering how much I read. Safely Home was one of the few that are able to. The intense desire to have a relationship with God when it could mean your life is one that I myself lack. I haven't been pushed to choose it over my life. This story though fiction touches the heart as if it were a true story.

No comments:

Post a Comment