Monday, January 27, 2014

Summer of My Secret Angel by Ana Katmore

Jona has spent the majority of her life in a orphanage in London where she has followed an unfortunate pattern and has started stealing. After about a year just a few months shy of her eighteenth birthday she is caught yet again and put in front of a judge who sentences her to something worse then prison, at least in her mind. Being sent to France to live with her estranged mother, her mysterious caretaker, and and aunt and uncle she's never met. Filled with resentment and questions she begins her journey, will she stay or escape as is her original plan?

I really enjoyed this story. I haven't read many stories where the protagonist has a petty criminal background, they are either hardcore criminals or never been caught just had a speeding ticket type. Jonas point of view is different and unique and this story is captivating. I'm very glad that I found this story and I enjoyed the fantasy twist to it as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment