Tuesday, March 3, 2015

The Moon Tells Secrets by Savanna Wells

A Brief Summary:
For most of her son's life all Raine has done is run. But what she's running from is about to catch them and now it might be time to make a stand.

My Review:
I really liked this book. Primarily how it ties it's supernatural element, the skin-walkers, in with the history of the Navajo. It's nice to have a book that tries to get their history right. I also enjoyed how the relationship between Raine and Cade develops. Starting out as a desperately needed friendship then veering into something more.

Davey was another character I really liked. He's trying so hard to grow up, to be strong enough to face what threatens them, but he's still a kid. You see him changing and getting stronger, getting smarter. He's ready to face what he must, even if it means never being normal, or having a normal child.

I also really enjoyed the story. It's not your cookie-cutter shifter novel. It's a tale of growing up, of fear, and of moving on in your life after a devastating loss.

This book is set to be published on March 24, 2015. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

I received this book courtesy of NetGalley and St. Martin's Griffin in exchange for my free and honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment