Monday, February 23, 2015

The Mind Readers by Lori Brighton

A Brief Summary:
Anyone who learned about Cameron's ability thought she was a freak. After all she could read minds, so she kept the ability under wraps until she Lewis, a boy who shared her strange ability. He might be her only way to learn how to control her abilities. However will getting caught up in a vendetta be worth it?

My Review:
I loved the premise, an otherwise normal girl with the ability to read minds. In particular I liked how normal peoples thoughts were handled, you had crazies, vapid teen girls, horny teen boys, and then there's Lewis. As a fellow mind reader he learned to block his thoughts.

Another thing that I enjoyed was everything isn't black or white. Something much bigger and more complicated is going on beneath the surface.

Personally I liked Cameron she has a strong sense of right and wrong, even if she doesn't always act on her instincts. She's curious and spunky and I can't wait to see what happens to her in the future.

Lewis however is sketchy. I don't like him, I don't trust him, I foresee him being a problem in the books yet to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment