Wednesday, February 19, 2014

The Prayer Box by Lisa Wingate

Starting your life over is difficult, starting your life over with almost no practical experience it's nearly impossible. Add in two kids, a controlling ex, and recovering from an addiction to prescription drugs, Oxycontin in particular, you’re asking for a miracle. Her landlady dying and being hired to clean out her house may not be a miracle in the traditional sense but it very well may be the best thing that’s happened to her since she was a child. Iola (Tandi’s landlady) was a devout woman whose life was dedicated to God and prayer. Her faith may yet be able to help Tandi turn her life around.


Not gonna lie I had a very hard time getting through this book. It’s not that it’s a bad book because it isn't. It just didn't resonate with me, I couldn't connect to it and the message it holds.


That being said it was a very good book, the characters are complex with intricate back stories, the setting is beautifully described. An uplifting tale of faith and strength, and trust. It just didn't click with me, but if it does for you I guarantee you’ll love it.

I received The Prayer Box compliments of Tyndale Blog Network for my honest review which is freely given.  

No comments:

Post a Comment