Friday, October 10, 2014

Death of a Spy by Dan Mayland

Mark Sava is an ex CIA operative who's finally got a semi normal life. A beautiful wife, precious newborn daughter, and a thriving new spy-for-hire operation. However when one of his agents, Larry Bowman, dies of a heart attack while on an assignment, Mark chooses to go claim his body from a hotel in Tbilisi. While at the hotel he finds a self portrait from a woman in his past, spurring him into investigating further. Now everything has pretty much gone to hell. Will he be able to figure out what happened to his friend and be able to deal with the demons from his past?

This book shows you the full life of a spy. It's not the glamorous James Bond of a spy, but the real slower paced sneaking around. Not to say this book didn't get exciting, but that wasn't until most of the way through the book.

The main thing that got me about this book is that I didn't really understand a lot of the politics mentioned in the story. Granted that it could be that I live smack dab in the middle of the US and that's not something I hear about on a regular basis. However Dan did a really good job of describing the relations between the countries so that by the end I had a decent idea of what was going on.

All in all this was a pretty good book. I had a bit of a hard time getting into it but after I did I enjoyed it very much.

I received this book courtesy of NetGalley in exchange for my review which I freely and honestly give.

No comments:

Post a Comment