Thursday, October 23, 2014

The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons by Akira Himiekawa

Based on the game made for the Gameboy Color you follow a young incarnation of Link as he does his best to rescue the Oracle of Seasons. Our young hero is not alone however he has his friends Ricky, Piyoko and the witch Mable by his side to help him defeat Onox, the general of darkness.

This was one of those books that I never really planned on reading, I just kind of picked up and decided why not. Of course it helps that my boyfriend is a Zelda fanatic and had it, but I'm definitely glad that I picked it up.

One of my favorite things about the manga is that instead of being the everyman Link has a personality. Something that most games shy away from unless they're a JRPG, for a good reason everyone can relate to an everyman character too much of a personality and you limit your audience.

My favorite character would have to be Piyoko, the adorable little chick. He's sweet and knowledgeable, and helps Link realize his potential.

I really enjoyed this book and I will have to kidnap the other books in the series from James.

No comments:

Post a Comment