Sunday, October 5, 2014

Whisper by Stacey R. Campbell

A boarding school haunted by the ghost of the founders daughter, Elsie Stewart. Who died with a terrible secret, now one hundred years later, it's time for the secret to be revealed. Halle finds her journal while helping clean out the attic of the administration building. This reveals that there is a treasure hidden somewhere on campus. She enlists the help of her big sisters friend Leigh, Leigh's roommate and her boyfriend, and Elsie's distant retaliative Callum. Callum and Leigh have a past, but that doesn't stop sparks flying every time they're near each other. Will they be able to find the treasure before the end of school? And will Leigh and Callum manage not to kill each other? All this and more await you within the pages of this book.

This book has everything, mystery, intrigue, romance, and suspense. The point of view switches between Halle, Leigh, and Callum. The main perspective however is Leigh's as you read more from her than from anywhere else.

I really loved the setting of Lakeview Academy. It's described as a vast campus, with several dorms, several sports fields, it seems amazing. I always wished I could go to a boarding school, but since that never happened I just live vicariously through books like this.

Whisper is the second book in the Lakeview series, but this book is perfectly capable of standing on its own. There is a few references to the previous book, but nothing that will make you completely lost and confused if you don't read the first book.

If you have a chance to read this book I highly recommend it, for myself I'm going to have to obtain the first book.

I received this book courtesy of NetGalley in exchange for my free and honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment