Saturday, October 18, 2014

The Whispers by Lisa Unger

Eloise had the perfectly normal live; loving husband, two beautiful if rebellious teenage daughters, everything she ever wanted until her worst nightmare came true. After a tragic accident and the loss of part of her family something strange starts to happen to Eloise.

This was a really good novella, short and sweet. With the fantasy elements being really subtle and not ridiculously out there but still giving the tantalizing view of the paranormal. I also enjoyed the really realistic portrayal of loss. How people cope in different ways, at different speeds, and how one event can cause two people to react in completely different way.

All in all a must read, I can't wait to see where the series goes from here.

I received this book compliments of NetGalley in exchange for my review which I freely and honestly give.

No comments:

Post a Comment