Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Mindspeak by Heather Sunseri

Lexi Mathews attends a high school for the uber wealthy. Where privacy and protection are par for the course. Everyone at this school has secrets, Lexi's just happen to be a tiny bit more dangerous, seeing as her father is a researcher in the realm of genetics. Some of his work has questionable ethics, so at school no one knows that Lexi is related to him. That is until she meets new student Jack DeWeese. His father had worked with hers on some projects with sketchy moral grounds. That's not all, Jack and Lexi both have abilities that they have no idea where they come from. When Lexi starts getting threatening emails she has to decide to either face her problems, or run away and hide.

This was a pretty decent book. It was a bit of a let down due to the fact that it had all this lead up about "The Program" and you never really get any information about them. And that sucks because it would make the book so much better.

Don't get me wrong the book had a lot of very strong points. Such as Lexi and Jack's abilities. Those abilities grow and kind of change throughout the story. Which I really enjoyed.

Lexi and Jack are also very interesting characters and well developed. The side characters are also very well developed. I enjoyed that the villain of the story wasn't an obvious choice. I don't know about you but I adore when that is the case. If I can guess it within the first few chapters then the entire story is a bit of a let down.

I'm probably not going to read book two, because the series didn't capture my attention enough. It's a decent read but not one that I'd read over and over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment