Saturday, January 24, 2015

Reveal by Brina Courtney

A Brief Summary:Shay can talk to ghosts, she's been able to since she was six years old. It's been her secret for so long but when she meets Hugh everything changes. He can hear ghosts too, he's from a long line of cryptids. Cryptids are human animal crossbreeds, not to be confused with were's. Now she learns she's part of a prophecy, but will she be able to handle it?


My Review:
I loved this story! It captured me from the first page until the cliffhanger that was the ending.

I really like that the author created her own mythos. She didn't rely on the tired vampire, or werewolf she used cryptids. Which is a generic term for fantastic beast, so she had full creative licence.

I wasn't a huge fan of the instant love between Hugh and Shay. Sure there's a crush to start with, but it doesn't have enough time to grow. They rush into a relationship because they have to to make the story work.

I probably will read more of this series because of the cliffhanger. It's a good story but I hope there's more development of Shay and Hugh's relationship.

No comments:

Post a Comment