Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Seeker by Arwen Elys Dayton

A Brief Summary: 
When you've worked for something your entire life the moment you attain it is worth all the hard work. But what if what you've worked for is nothing like you thought? That's what happens to Quin and her lifelong dream of becoming a seeker, she gets it but it isn't what she thought. Not at all.


My Review:
This book was extremely disjointed. Granted it's broken up into sections, but the sections have trouble meshing and creating a cohesive storyline. Also even after finishing the book I have no idea what a Seeker is, of a Dread for that matter.

I liked Quin she's sweet and fiercely loyal to those she cares about. She goes through a major change after her oath but you never learn what caused it. I'd appreciate more details fleshed out. Granted you get a couple in flash backs but not many.

I also liked Shinobu, you get to see him evolve, devolve, and evolve again in a very nice character arc. John I wasn't so fond of if he'd have just manned up and told Quin everything he knew a lot of trouble could have been spared.

Overall I did like the book, I just want more details. Hopefully the next book adds more and can truly bring this world to life.

I received this book from NetGalley and Random House Kids in exchange for my free and honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment