Thursday, September 25, 2014

Everblue by Brenda Pandos

Ashlyn thought she had a normal boring life. Swimming competitively, a best friend, a crush on her best friends brother, you know the usual. However, when Tatiana and Finley(her best friend and her brother) go missing everything goes crazy. Things that shouldn't exist do, and everything seems like it's going crazy.

This was a good book, one that I'm quite fond of. I enjoyed the concept of Promising. It's the merfolks version of marriage that is sealed with a kiss. When the kiss happens the two mers souls merge and become one.

This book switches between Ashyln and Finley's perspectives. Which I enjoy especially later in the book after certain new factors come into play. It also gives you the chance to see Natatoria, the home of the merfolk. And with that there is a ton of lore and back story with the merfolk as well, that I just love.

I don't think that I'm going to read the rest of the series. While it is a good read, it's just a bit fantastic for me. Semi realistic but not completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment