Friday, September 26, 2014

The Prince and The Singularity by Pedro Barrento

Here is the book description from Goodreads, since I can't sum it up better myself

"This is the story of the Prince aka the Master aka Francis, who is more or less immortal and goes through the millennia fighting Desire and Rejection, the roots of all unhappiness and evil. He always fails until the moment he loses interest and decides to die, which he doesn't. Instead he is promoted."

The book begins with the Gods playing a game and the universe being created. One person, the Prince sees the tail end of the creation and ends up playing a part in the game. You see his lifespan, and every thing that happens to him and the Gods.

I really loved this book. As I have learned more about Buddhism this book kind of connected with me. "The universe is neither good nor evil it just is". The idea that everything that happens no matter how terrible or how amazing, it means so very little in the grand scheme of things.

 I hope everyone who reads this book can get something out of it. I sure did.

No comments:

Post a Comment