Friday, September 19, 2014

Finding Secrets by Rosemary Groux

 The Brewyds are a humanoid race that can hear the songs of nature, and the songs of people. These harmony's can be distorted when people are sick, or sick at heart. They have been around since the dawn of time, but around the time of King Aurthur people let fear into their hearts and thought of them as witches. So the bloodline has become watered down, and abilities have been forgotten and lost over the years. That is where Cassie comes in. She is a decedent of a prominent Brewyrd from the time of Camelot. After escaping with her friends her adventure is just beginning. They travel back in time to Camelot, where secrets are reveled and new questions need answers.

I suppose I should have realized that this would have had religious undertones when I saw the reviews from youth pastors. Don't get me wrong I loved the book and if I get the opportunity I'll read the rest of the series. It just got a tiny bit overhanded, not bad and I know some people who will love this book all the more for it.

The Brewyrds are my favorite part of the story. Their abilities are carefully crafted, the abilities to wield weapons, to heal, and to mend songs of people.

I also enjoyed the setting, Camelot. That entire time period has always been a source of fascination for me. And this story supplemented the classic story beautifuly. Giving a new dimension to the doomed love triangle. Adding new characters to the original cast seamlessly.

After I finished this book I learned that the author is only 18. I'm impressed, I would've assumed that this was a more experienced author. Rosemary has an amazing talent, and I can't wait to see where she takes it next.

I received this book from Net Galley in exchange for my free and honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment