Thursday, July 3, 2014

Looking For Alaska by John Green

Miles never really had any friends, he was a good kid averaged good grades but life was boring he craved a great perhaps. Something that would define and change his life so he decides to go to boarding school. Cold Water Creek boarding school to be exact and his life defiantly takes a twist though not exactly how he expects it to. He meets Alaska Young and everything goes right and wrong at the exact same time.

I've been a fan of John Green for awhile now even though I've only recently read any of his books. I originally found him through YouTube. Specially Crash Course and educational channel he does with his brother Hank. He also does Mental Floss. Both are super awesome if you like learning stuff and you should. Anyway on to the book!

I decided to read this book mostly because James suggested it and as he's never had me read a bad book. So I read it and such a good book with so many feels. He made me empathize with both Miles and Alaska having been in both of their shoes at different points in my life and instead of a cliche ending he continued past the tragedy with how the survivors struggled on after. It's just a really good book and deserves every ounce of praise it's been given.

And in the words of John and Hank Green: Don't Forget To Be Awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment