Friday, July 18, 2014

The Wonderful Wizard of Oz by L. Frank Baum

A young girl winds up in the magical land of Oz by means of a tornado. A land with strange creatures and ruled by witches and the great wizard, but all Dorothy wants is to go home. Upon arrival she is told to go to the great and powerful Wizard because he may be the only one with the power to get her home. With her faithful dog Toto by her side and silver slippers on her feet she heads down the yellow brick road. To meet the Scarecrow, the Tin Woodman, and the Lion and to find the Wizard, and her way back home.

This is a book I haven't read since in a long time. I actually barely remembered the beginning of the story but the last five or six chapters kinda started coming back to me. I can see how this book captured children's imaginations, it's wonderful and creative. Even if you've seen the movie the book has more to offer you.


This book completes my read the book and watch the movie. Normally I hate watching a movie if I like the book, but this is one that I've watched before I'm not biased to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment