Sunday, July 6, 2014

The Fault In Our Stars by John Green

I typically hate reviewing a book that is in the middle of media/ popularity explosion purely for the fact that if I don't agree with the fan culture it may end up very poorly for me. However I really do like it and feel realitively safe that I won't get spammed. So here it is!


For those of you who haven't yet heard of the basic plot here it is! For most of her life Hazel has know how see would die. From the cancer that she has been given a brief respite of it's deadly progression. When her parents think she need "socialization" she attends a support group of cancer survivors she meets Augustus Waters. Thanks to him life is about to get a lot more interesting.

This book is raw and it feels real. The emotions that Hazel experiences knowing that she's going to die, how she feels about her parents interferences, and Augustus. The characters are a type that you don't really see often dealing with things that are so hard to portray correctly. John has done an amazing job with it.

As for the movie well we'll see. I do and don't want to see it, however since John Green made a comment in his vlog that it was good and true to the book. So it may be worth it. I'll let you know if I watch it and if so how good it is :D

No comments:

Post a Comment