Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Tear You Apart by Sarah Cross

Everyone wants their life to be a fairytale right? Wrong in Beau Rivage they live them, all of them. From the classics Cinderella, and Snow White, to the more obscure of The Twelve Dancing Princesses. This story focuses on the newest incarnation of Snow White, Viv. She has known her huntsman for years, falling in love with him before she knew his fate. Now he must make his decision, to let her go to be rescued by another, or to kill her and keep her heart. While she waits his decision, fate takes a strange twist and she meets someone who she isn't supposed to meet until she dies, her Prince.
,
This is apparently the second in a series but I read it without knowing it. That being said it makes a good stand alone novel, meaning it makes sense without having read the book before it. The world is incredible, I love how all of the fairy tales I know are included, along with ones I've never heard of.
The characters are so incredibly varied, carrying traits of their curses, while also being unique. As an example I love how Viv isn't just a damsel in distress, she does her best to make sure her fate is in her hands. No matter what the cost.

I received this book courtesy of NetGalley in exchange for my review which I freely and honestly give.

No comments:

Post a Comment