Friday, November 28, 2014

Since You've Been Gone by Mary Jennifer Payne

A Brief Summary: Edie has spent the last five years of her life running from her past. From town to town, now to an entirely new country. Throughout this time the only constant she has had is her mom, but now her mom is missing. Alone in England, she can't call the police or they'll alert her father, the reason they've been on the run for so long. Will she be able to find her mother?

My Review: Not going to lie when I saw the title I may have started humming Since You've Been Gone by Kelly Clarkson. Which oddly paralleles this book. Anyway this is an extremely quick read. It's pretty good, but I would've liked it to be a teeny bit longer just for some more details. I liked Edie, but she didn't develop too much over the story.

Also I wasn't in love with how it ended. For lack of a better way to put it, it was unsatisfying. After a grand search the climax is a little anticlimactic. A story that had so much potential feels rushed and underdeveloped. I'm slightly disappointed but the book at least made a valiant effort.

This book is set to release on February 17 of 2015 you can pre-order your copy from amazon now.

I recieved this book courtesy of NetGalley in exchange for my free and honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment