Sunday, November 23, 2014

The Book of Three by Lloyd Alexander

A Brief Summary: Taran has always wanted to be a hero but he's going to learn that being a hero is a lot harder than it looks. Along with a rag tag bunch of  misfits he searches for Hen Wen an oracular pig, and travels to Castle Darthyl to warn the king that his enemies are massing and he is on the brink of war.

My Review:
I received this entire series from my wonderful boyfriend for my birthday. He's learned that books are a surefire way to my heart. What an amazing guy :D

Anyway onto the book! I was interested in this series initially because of the movie The Black Cauldron which was loosely adapted  from this series.

From searching for a oracular pig, leading a band of misfits, to making, sometimes costly, mistakes you see Taran grow-up. He starts as kind of an idiot with no common sense, to a leader.

I can't wait to read the rest of the series and see how he develops further.

No comments:

Post a Comment